The Communications Authority of Kenya has a mandate to ensure that end users and other consumers of communication services are protected with regard to the prices, the quality and variety of the services they receive. In order to achieve this mandate, the Communications Authority of Kenya allows all the 47 Counties in Kenya to organize ICT Consumer Forums to increase consumer awareness of their rights and responsibilities when it comes to ICT services.
Kenyaweb.com had the pleasure to attend this year’s ICT Consumer Forum in Kisii County. The function was held at Gusii Stadium from 22nd June – 23rd June, 2016. The main objective of the forum was to enable communication service providers within Kisii County to have a clear and deeper understanding of consumer issues and concerns as presented directly by the consumers.
The County Consumer Forums allow for exhibitors from different ICT companies to showcase their products and services. The main roles of these exhibitors include:
- Providing expert and technical information on the issues raised by consumers.
- Providing a proposed solution to issues raised during the forum.
- Provide on-site customer care, support and information services.
- Explore areas of partnership and collaboration with County Governments and the Authority.
- Mobilize participants from agents, associates, acquaintances and affiliates within the respective County.
- Participate in future campaigns by the Communication Authority of Kenya.
The County ICT Consumer Forums are open forums that involve the general public, key county officials as well as staff from the County Government. ICT companies are also encouraged to attend regardless of whether they are stationed within the County in question or not.
The objectives of the consumer forum include:
- Creation of a medium for dialogue and action.
- Development of a platform for interaction with communication service providers.
- Provision of expert advice to the consumer.
- Increasing consumer awareness on their rights and responsibilities.
- Serving as a principal source off credible and accurate information on ICT.
At Kenyaweb.com, we are obsessed with the goals that our clients have and are always available to help achieve those goals. We have a dedicated team that is available and with quick response. This team understands technology and spends hours researching and analyzing the needs of clients, the market and the industry at large. Call us today and let us turn your desires into reality!